The quality program provides the means to assure.
- That requirement is properly identified in the planning phases.
- And effectively accomplished in the construction phase.
- And properly transferred to the client upon completion.
- Quality control aims to determine that quality work and quality deliverable did occur after work was done.
- Quality control is conducted by Inspection and testing of materials, workmanship and product.
- Quality control is all about conformance to requirements.
What we can do to maintain quality?
- Planning for quality control i.e. identifying where control is to be exercised and to what extent or frequency.
- Identifying the relevant reference standards e.g. the technical specifications applicable.
- Calling up on the QA/QC staff’s attention/ notice when ever a new activity is planned.
- Informing the QA/QC engineer upon delivery of material.
- Reporting test result to all parties concerned for the materials that we are supplying.
- Submitting the method statement & following it while execution.
The benefits of
sound quality management :
Quality means survival "Business as usual" is simply not an option!
Lower overall costs
Greater customer satisfaction
Various steps to achieve Quality
- Errorless execution is the goal
- Define requirements
- Understand the project's production system
- "Do it right the first time" planning
- Planning the work so that deliverables satisfy the client’s requirements and can be produced right the first time.
- Identify root causes of problems
- Attack problems not the people.
- Bring problem to the surface so they can be examined without delay.
- Take action to prevent reoccurrence by adjusting faulty requirements, work plans, sequence, delivery of resources, etc. Methods and systems
- All pertinent documents for this contract will be controlled in accordance with document control procedure, as laid out by the monitoring agency, which will ensure effective recording and review.
- All documents, drawings received from Architects / consultants will be submitted in soft and hard form as per stipulated procedures.
- These documents will be through Transmittals.